Scroll Top

The 2012 Tax Filing Season is About to Begin for Some

Tax season is here.  The IRS announced that it plans to begin processing 2012 individual income tax returns on January 30, 2013.

Who Can File on January 30, 2013?
According to News Release IR News Release 2013-2 01/08/2013, most should be able to file electronic or paper tax returns. The IRS is equipped to accept tax returns affected by the Alternative Minimum Tax patch and the three major extenders—the state and local sales tax deduction, higher education tuition and fees deduction, and educator expense deduction.

Who Can’t File?
Unfortunately, the IRS is not equipped to process some forms affected by the 2012 American Taxpayer Relief Act.  These forms include Form 5695 (Residential Energy Credits) Form 4562, (Depreciation and Amortization), and Form 3800 (General Business Credit).  According to News Release IR-2013-2, the IRS is hopeful that the aforementioned tax forms can be filed between late February and into March.

If you have unfiled tax returns and require help with tax compliance, then contact the Law Offices of Todd S. Unger, Esq. LLC today.  The Law Offices of Todd S. Unger, Esq. LLC is devoted exclusively to resolving New Jersey and Federal tax disputes and collection matters.  Contact us today for a free confidential consultation.

Related Posts