Scroll Top

How to File Your Tax Return for Free

nOn January 30, 2013, the IRS is scheduled to unveil links on its website,, that will offer free federal and state tax filing services. For those who do not wish to file electronically, there are face-to-face services. The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs offer free income tax preparation to those who qualify. 

VITA offers assistance to low-income, elderly, and disabled taxpayers. VITA established the Armed Forces Tax Council to assist military personnel. TCE was established to help disabled taxpayers and taxpayers age 60 and older. Because the programs work with lower income and elderly taxpayers, the volunteers are trained, through a certification process, to identify special tax credits and benefits available to these groups.

If you are a taxpayer that requires help filing your tax return and you can qualify, then it is worth taking advantage of VITA or TCE. To find out more about the free income tax filing programs, click on the following link:

The Law Offices of Todd S. Unger, Esq, LLC provides a no-obligation, confidential consultation, is available for weekend appointments and accepts all major credit cards. Contact us, or call (877) 544-4743. Todd S. Unger, Esq. is a tax attorney that represents businesses and individuals with civil and criminal tax matters.